The Barclays Live app for tablets delivers a new, personalized experience that reinvents the way you access research, data and analytics.
Market intelligence now revolves around what you need
- Create topical tiles with the content you want
- Access subscribed research without having to check your email
- Compile and share research based on your interests
- Access your Barclays Live charts on the go
- Go deeper into topics in your own time, online or offline
Accessing your content has never been easier
- Filter content by asset class, region, industry or currency
- View what’s trending today, this week, this month
- Browse a magazine or publication and add it to your Watchlist
- Select text in publications to highlight and annotate
- Create a Quick List and save it to your Workbook for easy access in the future
The pulse of the market is right at your fingertips
- Check live FX pricing from BARX
- Monitor market data across asset classes
- Access Barclays Indices, Credit Center, TRENDS and more
- View companies under coverage across equities and credit
- Access financial forecasts from our equity analysts
Save and organize content for offline reading
- Look for Add to Workbook wherever you are in the app
- Create folders in your Workbook with the content you like
- Add your annotated publications to the Workbook
- Access content in your Workbook online or offline
A new interactive experience
- View messages from your Barclays research analysts and sales teams
- Reply to your Barclays contacts on the go
- Share tiles, publications and charts
- Read messages seamlessly on your tablet and via email
Start on your tablet, continue on the desktop
- Work seamlessly on the desktop and on your tablet
- View your Watchlist, your Workbook and Connect from the tablet and the desktop
- Create charts on the desktop and view them on the app
If you have any questions please contact Barclays Live Sales.
- Yana Bouchkanets
- +1 212 526 5537
- Amy Mignosi
- +1 212 536 3437
- Christopher Birkhofer
- +1 212 412 2549
- Brian Boucher
- +1 212 412 3064
Access & Technical Support
- How do I log into the Barclays Live app for tablets?
To log into the app, you must be an institutional client of the Corporate and Investment Banking division of Barclays Bank PLC and its affiliates and have a valid Barclays Live username and password.
If you are having trouble accessing the app, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Barclays employees should select the ‘Employee’ button and enter their employee desktop username and password.
If you would like to reset your password, please click here.
- I have just been sent a new Barclays Live username and password. Can I use that immediately on the app?
- I currently use Barclays Live but don’t remember my password. How do I log into the app?
You can reset your password by clicking here.
A temporary password will be emailed to your registered email address. Please follow the steps in the email to choose a permanent password. Once you have successfully reset your password, you can log in to the app.
- How do I log out of the app?
To log out, tap on the ‘hamburger’ at the bottom of the navigation bar on the left.
- I am not a Barclays client. Can I get access to the Barclays Live app?
If you are interested in becoming an institutional client of Barclays, please contact your sales representative.
- What do I need in order to use Barclays Live for tablets?
You will need:
- An Apple iPad, using iOS version 6.0 or later with either 3G or Wi-Fi access or an Android tablet with either 3G or Wi-Fi access
- The Barclays Live application, downloaded from the App Store
- A valid Barclays Live username and password
- Will the application be available on other mobile devices such as Android?
We are reviewing other platforms and will be communicating that in the coming months.
- What is my Watchlist?
We have re-organized your Research subscriptions and favourite charts into tiles on your Watchlist. You can add new tiles to your Watchlist, edit existing tiles from your Watchlist or share tiles from your Watchlist.
- How do I create a new tile?
Tap on 'New' from your Watchlist. Tap on 'Add a feed' and select your favourite research by publication series, analyst, ticker, sector, region or currency.
- How do I edit a tile?
Tap on 'Edit' from your Watchlist. Tap on 'Tile Settings' to select the tile you want to edit. You can add or delete feeds, and decide whether you want to receive email subscriptions based on your associated feeds.
- I am receiving too many emails. What should I do?
Tap on 'Edit' from your Watchlist, go to 'Tile Settings' and switch your Research Subscriptions off. You can continue to watch your favourite research without receiving associated research emails. You may also choose to receive a daily summary email and have it delivered at a time of your choice. The daily summary email brings together all the publications associated with the feeds you have selected for a given tile.
- Can I delete a tile?
Yes. Tap on “Edit” from your Watchlist and go to 'Tile Settings'. Tap on 'Delete Tile' at the bottom of the screen. If you delete a tile and you had Research Subscriptions switched on, you will stop receiving the research emails associated with the feeds of the tile you have deleted.
- Can I reorder my tiles on my Watchlist?
Tap on 'Edit' from your Watchlist. Tap and hold the cross icon to move your tiles.
- What is the Equity Ticker tile?
The Equity Ticker tile lists the tickers you are currently subscribed to. If you are not subscribed to any tickers, your Equity Ticker tile will be empty.
- Can I edit my Equity Ticker tile?
Yes. Tap on the tile and select Add Ticker. Search for the ticker(s) you want to add. Switch Research Subscriptions off if you no longer wish to receive research emails when new publications are published based on your selected tickers.
- Can I create a tile with my favourite charts?
Yes. Go to Barclays Live on the desktop and save your favourite charts in CHART. These will now appear in your Charts tile on the app. You can only edit your Chart tile by adding and removing charts from your CHART folders from the desktop.
- How do I find the Research I am looking for?
Tap on Research from the left-hand navigation bar and scroll down to browse research by asset class. Select your asset class. You can now view research by region, sectors or periodicals.
- Can I filter Research?
Yes. When you click on a region or sector, look for the filer icon on the top right and narrow your view.
- Can I change my view of Research?
Yes. You can toggle between the magazine view and the list view.
- Can I share Research?
Yes. Whenever you are reading a publication, you can tap on the top right icon to share a publication. You can also use the + sign from a magazine or from your Workbook to select multiple publications for sharing.
- Can I add Research to my Watchlist?
Yes. Whenever you see the Watch icon on the top right, tap on Watch and select the relevant feed and tile.
- What asset classes are available?
Within the Markets section from the left-hand navigation bar:
- Tap on FX to access refreshable mid-prices powered by BARX
- Tap on Trends to access bullish and bearish currency pairs
- Tap on Rates to access government bond, swap and implied volatility levels across different markets
- Tap on Securitized to access the US Agency market
- Tap on Credit to access bond market gainers and losers, OAS and CDS levels across different markets
- Tap on Equities to view our fundamental equity analysts' aggregate price target potential upside by sector
- Tap on Indices to view returns across the Barclays benchmark indices
- What other tools are available?
Tap on Credit in Markets to access Credit Center at the top on the right. Enter the issuer you are looking for and view the same data as on the desktop.
- What is a Workbook?
You can create folders in your Workbook to save your favourite publications, excerpts or charts. To save an item in your Workbook, look for the option to 'Add to Workbook' throughout the app.
- What items can I save in a folder in my Workbook?
You can save a publication, an excerpt from a publication or a chart. If you have annotated a publication, you will be able to see your annotations in the publication you have saved in your Workbook.
- Can I access content from the Workbook offline?
Yes. Publications saved to your Workbook will be available offline. However, please note that annotations, excerpts and charts saved to your Workbook will not be available offline.
- Can I share content from my Workbook?
Yes. Tap on the + sign at the bottom of the item you wish to share. You can select multiple items. Tap on Share, select recipients and send.
- Can I delete items from a folder in my Workbook?
Yes. Tap on the pencil icon on the top right. Select the items you wish to delete.
- Can I delete an entire folder in my Workbook?
Yes. Tap on the pencil icon on the top right. Select the folder you wish to delete. You will be prompted to confirm that you wish to delete the entire folder.
- Can I rename a folder in my Workbook?
Yes. Tap on the pencil icon on the top right. Tap on the pencil icon of the folder you wish to rename and edit the name.
- I can no longer add an item to my Workbook. Why is that?
You may not have enough space on your device. Please free up some space and try again.
- What is Connect?
Connect enables you to view all your incoming and outgoing messages. Outgoing messages sent through the app are simultaneously sent to the recipient via email as well. You can opt to receive a copy of your outgoing messages.
- How do I compose a new message?
Tap on the new message icon on the top right.
- How do I add a client to my Contacts in the app?
You need to add them to your lists in CRM first.
- Can I annotate Research?
Yes. When reading a publication, you can select text and annotate it. Your annotations will be available every time you open the publication. Add your annotated publication to your Workbook for easy access later. Please note that annotations cannot be shared and are not available offline.
- Can I highlight Research?
Yes. When reading a publication, you can select text and highlight it. Your highlights will be available every time you open the publication. Add your publication with highlights to your Workbook for easy access later. Please note that highlights cannot be shared and are not available offline.
- Can I clip Research?
Yes. When reading a publication, you can select text and clip it. You will be prompted to save your clipped excerpt to a folder in your Workbook. You can add a comment and share your clipped excerpt through the Workbook. Please note that clippings are not available offline.
- Can I read publications offline?
Yes. Publications can be automatically downloaded and made available to you for reading offline. When you are next online, enable offline mode for your favourite tiles by going to 'Add offline tiles' from your Watchlist.
- I can no longer enable a tile for offline mode. Why is that?
You can only select up to eight tiles for offline reading. You may want to combine feeds in one tile in order to view all the research you want offline.
- What about publications saved to my Workbook?
Publications saved to your Workbook will also be available offline. To save a publication to your Workbook, use the 'Add to Workbook' feature from a publication.
- My connection has been restored. What should I do?
You can switch from offline mode back to online mode from the navigation menu on the left.
- I can no longer add an item to my Workbook. Why is that?
You may not have enough storage on your device. Access Offline Settings to increase the storage allocated to the app. Offline Settings can be accessed by tapping on Offline tiles on the Watchlist.
- Whom can I share content with?
You can share content with clients who are in your client relationship management lists
- Can I share a tile?
Yes. Tap on 'Share' from your Watchlist and select the tiles you want to share. Tap on 'Share' again, select recipients and send. Your contact will receive a message via the app with your selected tile(s). They will also receive an email with your selected tile(s).
- I have received a message with a shared tile. What should I do?
If you like the content of the tile, tap on 'Add to Watchlist'. The new tile is now part of your Watchlist.
- Can I share publications?
Yes. Whenever you are reading a publication, you can tap on the top right icon and select 'Share'. You can also use the + sign from a magazine or from your Workbook to select multiple publications for sharing.
- Can I share an excerpt from a publication?
Yes. Open any publication and select the relevant text. Tap on Share. Select recipients and send. The message will include the excerpt you selected and a link to the full report. It will also be sent to the recipient via email.
- Can I share a chart?
Yes. Open a chart from your Chart tile and click on the top right icon to share a chart. Select recipients and send. Your client will receive a message via the app and via email with your selected chart.
- I have received a message with a shared chart. What should I do?
Tap on the chart to view the chart. If you would like to add the new chart to your Chart tile, tap on the Watch icon and add it to My Charts.
- What can I search for in the app?
You can search all publications, companies under coverage, and analysts. You can also search for any term, just like you do on Barclays Live on the desktop.
- How can I access a Company page?
Tap on Search on the left-hand navigation bar and enter the relevant issuer covered by our analysts. If the company is covered by our equity and credit analysts, you can choose the equity company page and credit company page, respectively.
- How can I send feedback?
We care about your feedback. We are keen to continue to develop Barclays Live for tablets to meet your needs. Tap on the hamburger at the bottom of the navigation bar on the left. Select Feedback. Send us feedback as often as you want. You can also rate this app.
- I have the Barclays Research for iPad app. Do I need to download Barclays Live for tablets as well?
The Barclays Live app for tablets is designed for both the iPad and Android tablets. Download the app from the Apple App Store or from the Google Play Store on your iPad and Android tablet respectively.
Android and Google Play are trademarks of Google Inc.
The Android robot is reproduced or modified from work created and shared by Google and used according to terms described in the Creative Commons 3.0 Attribution License.
iPad is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
This communication is provided to you by the Investment Bank of Barclays Bank PLC and its affiliates (collectively and each individually, "Barclays") for informational purposes only. It should not be regarded as an offer to sell or a solicitation of an offer to buy any securities or other financial products. Barclays offers premier investment banking products and services to its clients through Barclays Bank PLC. Barclays Bank PLC is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority and is a member of the London Stock Exchange. Barclays undertakes U.S. securities business in the name of its wholly owned subsidiary Barclays Capital Inc., a FINRA and SIPC member. The Barclays Live app is available only to institutional clients of our Investment Bank and is provided "as is" and without any kind of warranty, express or implied, including as to the fitness for purpose, reliability, performance, quality or merchantability in respect of the Barclays Live app. Barclays shall not be responsible for any issues you may encounter or costs you may incur by downloading or installing the Barclays Live app onto your device, nor shall Barclays have any responsibility for any losses or damages resulting from your use of or reliance on the Barclays Live app for any reason whatsoever. "BARX", the "Barclays" logo and "Barclays Live" are registered trademarks of Barclays Bank PLC and/or its affiliates. "Android" and "Google Play" are trademarks of Google Inc. “iPad” is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Copyright 2015 Barclays Bank PLC. All rights reserved. Additional information is available on request. Please contact a Barclays entity in your home jurisdiction.